This blog is in continuation to my previous blog “Exploring Salesforce Commerce Cloud” which was about Salesforce Commerce Cloud and explained steps to connect it to eclipse. In this, I’ll explain customer group, campaigns and promotions.
As explained earlier, under Merchant Tools on Salesforce commerce cloud sandbox, we can
Add a customer, create Customer Groups, Campaigns and Promotions:
Customer Groups & it’s usage: –
Customer groups are required for defining the campaign & promotion rules, recognizing a customer, sending bulk emails etc.
Customer groups are nothing but a bunch of customers having same attributes. One customer can be a part of many customer groups. With the Customer groups, we can set the User Experiences (Salesforce Commerce Cloud provided feature) where we define a rule to target Campaigns & Promotions.
For e.g. we can create customer group based on customer interests like a group ‘Electronic’ can have all customers buying electronic items regularly and another group ‘Big Spenders’ can have all customers who spend more than $3000 per month.
We can easily recognize a customer & enhance customer relationship by sending promotional/discount offers to relevant customer groups.
Type of Customer Groups: –
Static: – In Static customer group, we need to add customers manually.
Dynamic: – In dynamic, we need to define different type of rules for adding a customer to a group.
Salesforce provides three default dynamic customer groups: –
- Everyone: – All customers of site both registered & unregistered.
- Registered: – All registered customers of the site.
- Unregistered: – All guest users who visited the site and did shopping without registering.
How to create a dynamic customer group: –
- Go to Merchant tool > Customers > Customer Groups
- Click on new button
- Enter ID (name of customer group), select type of customer group as dynamic and click on save button.
- Enter Description & Member Rules under General and click on Save.
General: – In this tab you can see ID, Type & Membership Rule section where you define the different type of rules. Customers will automatically get added to the group based on these rules.
Members: – Displays the list of all customers which are added to this group.
Campaigns & Promotions: –
Campaigns are a marketing strategy that are designed to achieve specific goals such as increased revenue, leads etc.
In Salesforce Commerce Cloud, a campaign can be created using different dependent factors such as providing discount or specific user interface experience to a customer based on certain rules.
Rules may be created on Customer Groups, Source Code & Coupons:
Customer Groups: – It’s a static or dynamic group of customers as described above.
Source Code: – It’s just an URL, if customer visit the store via some specific link. Campaigns will be triggered based on specific link/URL.
Coupons: – It’s the unique code.
A campaign for your brand/product can give discount to customers visiting your store via some invitation link or visiting at odd hours (say 12:00 AM to 3:00 AM).
For e.g. Flipkart is an e-commerce site which gives special discount on some specific Big Billion days which is a type of campaign.
Promotions are used to give some discount to customers. Without Campaigns, promotions can’t be triggered.
Promotions are based on Product, Order or Shipping: –
- Product: – We can give discount on certain products e.g. 5% discount on Refrigerator.
- Order: – We can give some discount based on order quantity or order amount e.g. if the order amount is greater than $500 then 10% discount will be applied.
- Shipping: – We can give shipping free based on order amount or shipping city.
Creating Promotion & Campaign : –
Let me explain how to create Promotion in Salesforce Commerce Cloud and add it to Campaign.
For creating a Promotion,
- Go to Merchant Tools > Online Marketing > Promotions, here you can see list of all promotions which you had created earlier. You can select existing one or create new.
- Click on new button and set different attributes for specific Promotion.
ID, Name of Promotion, Currency (can be set to specific currency or All). Enabled (select if you want to enable this promotion), Archived, Searchable and Callout Message. Callout message is a message which will be displayed to the user when Promotion is applied. There is one more important attribute called “Exclusivity”, there are three options available for Exclusivity: –
- No (can be combine with any promotion)
- Class (cannot be combined with promotions of same class)
- Global (cannot be combined with any promotion)
Under Promotion rules section, configure the rules built on different type of classes, products, order quantity and shipping and Save it to create a new promotion.
Triggering a Promotion through Campaigns:
For triggering a promotion, you need to create a Campaign.
- Go to Merchant Tools > Online Marketing > Campaigns.
You will see list of all previous Campaigns.
- Click on new button:
- Set different attributes under General and Campaign Qualifiers section.
- Last section is Experiences, here you can add user experiences like
- Slot Configuration
- Sorting Rules
- keyword search sorting rules
These experiences will be triggered based on Campaign rule.
- Click on Apply and your promotion will get triggered.
Hope this gives you enough insight to get started with Customer Groups, Campaigns & Promotions. In case of any inputs/queries please leave a comment and I shall get back to you.